Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas cards kicked my butt

All I wanted was a couple of blank Christmas cards so I can express my appreciations and my Christmas wishes to those whom I usually don’t tell enough how special they are to me.

As I stood in front of aisles and aisles of cards, I realized Christmas card makers had thought of every category of friendship imaginable and had made Christmas cards and wrote down Christmas wishes for them. To mother, father, daughter, son, grandma, grandpa, love, friend, coworker, boss and humor, classics, contemporary, cute, religious, etc… whatever feelings you had, there was a card for them and there were words written down for them, words that were better written than you could ever thought of yourself.

But I wanted completely black Christmas cards. I didn’t want other people’s thoughts invading my card. I had to leave the store empty handed. Are we really so handicapped as "they" think that we couldn't be trusted in writing our own words in our Christmas cards? They had to make sure that there were no blank cards left in the rack so we wouldn't ruin another person's Christmas by "oh my gosh" doing our own writings?
Maybe, just maybe I will make my own cards next year.

No comments: