Thursday, June 16, 2005

Taste My Blood

"Are you sure?" He lowered his head. His eyes wondered on my face.
"Yeah..." I looked up at him, my eyes searching eagerly to meet his eyes.
"Hmm?" He raised his left eyebrow and asked again.
I knew my voice sounded a little shaky earlier. I bit into my lower lip and pretended to think.
After I had quietly counted from 1 to 8, I answered "Yes, I am sure."
I hesitated for a second then continued, "I want the freedom. I want the freedom to read whatever I want to read, travel to wherever I want to travel. And live however long I want to live. I can have a different lifestyle every 30 years." I got carried away with my thoughts and kept on talking" I can live in a city for 30 years, then in the mountains for another 30, then in the desert, or on an island... I want immortality."
I was disappointed when I looked at him because I couldn't tell if he was listening. If he did, he showed no evidence. He looked as distance and otherworldly as ever.

I felt anger creeping up and overtaking me. I was ready to scream at him then storm out. I already figured out the details in my head, how I would stomp my foot, then scream,” forget it". And how I would run really fast to the door. How he would grab my arms right before I got too far away from him and how he would show me his teeth glaring in the dark, and how I would feel the piercing pain on my neck shortly after.....

Maybe I did screamed. I couldn't remember. But I didn't run. I managed to calm myself down. I swallowed my disappointments and continued, “I have thought it through. I am ready. I.........." I broke into tears. It then turned into uncontrollable sobering. I felt exhausted. Can one feel exhausted in a dream?
He finally approached me. I saw him from the corner of my eyes. He reached for me. All the sadness and distress disappeared at the same instance his hands touched my arms. I felt relieved. My confidences slowly came back to me. I took a deep breath, then I tilted my head and pulled all of my hair to the right exposing my neck, offering it.
he tightened this grips. At the same time, I felt his teeth on my neck. Overwhelmed by the pain, I involuntarily pulled back. He tightened his grips even more, forcing cry after cry out of me. My body continued to grow colder and colder. I know I was on the edge of death, and was closer to immortality than ever.

That's when I woke up, panting.

2 comments:

y0402 said...

I take it you've been reading Anne Rice?

Feizi said...

hahaha~~ Yeah~ Can you tell? :D:D The first one and half of the vampire series. :D