Monday, May 16, 2005

That Nasty Fever I had Last Week

I had a really bad fever last week.

There is no way to know how high my temperature was coz I was too weak to get out of bed and look for the measuring thingy. It was probably way up there, 110 or something like that. If I looked at myself in the mirror, I probably would see my face burning in red, my hair wild, my eyes sparkling in anguish.

The fever started around 5pm. Around 4am in the morning, I feel the heat start to pull away from me. But at the same time, it clung to my body, not wanting to leave. Turning and turning I was on my bed. Occasionally, a groan would escape from me. I felt like I was dying and coming back to life at the same thing, like a vampire rising for the first time from the mortal death.

I turned and stared at the half glass of orange juice on the night stand. But I can not collect enough strength to grab it. Two hours later, the half glass of orange juice was still on my night stand, untouched. But the fever has left me completely. If the sheets under me didn't feel moist and a little cold, I would have thought I had only a nightmare.
I fell asleep while the sun was rising.

No comments: