Monday, July 24, 2006

So much to say

I haven't updated for so long. I have so much to say, to be written down.
The problem is that if I don't write them down when they pop up, they slowly evaporate, leaving an after taste in my mind which reminds me that I once had something interesting to say. But now they are gone.

I changed my job. I am very proud of myself. Here is why:
People tell me all the time that it would be the same everywhere. Same problems only with different representations, same annoying people only with different faces and name tags.
But I searched for new jobs anyway and changed anyway because I still believe that things can be better. It came as a little shock to me that I am actually an optimist at heart. I am proud of myself for still believing in the good in people and society.

This year is full of surprises. Who would've guessed it would rain in late July, who would've guessed lightening and thunders would take over the sky on a summer night . On Saturday, the boyfriend who hadn't seen too many lightening in his life was struck by the "beauty" of lightening and insisted on driving towards it to get a "closer" look.

The drive led us to the hills of Palos Verde. After we drove higher and higher on the dark whinny roads of PV, we somehow stumbled upon a make out spot, oh, I mean, a look out spot that sat on the edge of the cliffs and overlooked the ocean. The boy friend was happy to point out that we were not the only crazy people who chased after the lightening on this Saturday night. The little look out spot was packed with cars. People watched the lightening like they would with fireworks. There, leaning against the hood of a Tacoma, I wondered if this explained the ultimate differences between men and women. He held out the camera high in his arm, trying so hard to capture the ever so elusive lightening, while I was more stunned by the ocean beneath, the long curvy coast line and the lights on land that represented roads, houses and lives.

1 comment:

SnakeFighter said...

I like thunder storms, they produce very intersting light shows at night. That persistent quest to get a better veiw of the light show paid off didn't it?

You seem like a really nice GF, I hope your boyfreind acknowledges that.
:)