Friday, February 10, 2006

They say, "All Good Things Come To An End."

This morning, I woke up with a smile on my face. I cannot remember when it was the last time I woke up with a smile on my face.
Must have been years ago. Probably was one of these Chinese new year day at my grandparents' where I wake up to see new cloth laying next to me, to smell food cooking in the kitchen, to hear relatives talking and laughing in the next room. I would keep laying there pretending to sleep. I was afraid if I open my eyes this joyful moment would slipped away.

For years, years after that morning, I have been feeling like riding a boat in a river with unpredictable currents. Not sure which direction it will take me next. I try not to look too far ahead into the future. For I fear if I let my hope rise, I will be let down again.

This morning, when I woke up, I could hear the sound of the bf moving lightly in the room, trying to get ready without waking me up. I could still feel his warmth on my shoulders. When I turned towards the side, I could smell his fragrance on his pillow.
Then I realized the smile on my face. I continued to lie there, to enjoy feeling rooted and secure, again.


No comments: